Wednesday 2 October 2013

Lancome Teint Visionnaire Foundation Review

Lancome's Teint Visionnaire foundation SPF20 is their newest offering that pairs a sheer perfecting foundation with a high coverage precision corrector concealed under the cap. The oil-free foundation is concentrated in LR 2412, the active ingredient in Visionnaire serum, and it is supposed to naturally even out the complexion flawlessly while visibly improves pores and fine lines. It offers the highest level of coverage, more than Teint Idole Ultra (medium coverage with the most matte finish) and Teint Miracle (least coverage but the most luminous finish).

I received a sample of it in 03 Beige Diaphane from the local counter. The shade numbering and names are different for Europe, USA and Asia. Sephora France lists 15 shades (€57) while Lancome USA lists 20 shades (US$60). In Singapore, this retails at S$70 with seven shades available in the usual Asian categories of Ochre, Beige Ochre and Pink Ochre. 03 Beige Diaphane is a tad dark for my MAC NC20 skintone.

The foundation has a very light texture that melds effortlessly into the skin.

The concealer (below) is much thicker in comparison.

I was impressed by the lovely second skin-like texture of Teint Visionnaire which does a good job of evening out my skintone and concealing imperfections without looking like heavy makeup. It makes the skin look better and healthier with a flattering soft satin finish that is not overly dewy. In the pics below, I did not set it with any powder. The concealer worked pretty well for covering up my dark circles and redness around the nose.

The only drawback is that Teint Visionnaire does not work well with oily skintypes. My T-zone was shiny in under an hour, without the use of any primer or moisturiser beforehand. I found myself blotting almost hourly throughout the day, which gets tiring and is basically a dealbreaker for me. Sad to say, while I liked the initial finish, this is obviously not suitable for my skintype so I will not be purchasing it. It should work well for dry to normal skintypes though.

List of ingredients below. This is made in France.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Haru,

Just want to tell you again how glad I am to see you continued blogging! I come everyday now and I really enjoy your frequent updates about various brands. Happy blogging! :)