Thursday 28 October 2010

NuYou and Glow Magazines

Picked up the November issue of NuYou and the December issue of Glow at Kinokuniya (Ngee Ann City) earlier today.

Like the current issue of Her World, NuYou (S$5) comes with a 30ml sample bottle of Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair Shampoo. Kinokuniya is also giving away a Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter (50ml) worth S$10.90 with NuYou. The Body Shop hair butter promotion is exclusive to Kinokuniya whereas the Dove shampoo is included with every copy of NuYou regardless of where it is sold.

The Hair Butter is from Body Shop's new haircare range which is free of silicones, colorants or parabens.

The magazine also comes with tear-out coupons that allows you to get a Rainforest Shine Shampoo (60ml) with purchase of any product from the Rainforest Hair Care range. Another coupon allows you to purchase the Rainforest Shampoo and Conditioner at S$12.90 each, instead of the usual price of S$16.90.

One coupon gets you a S$10 voucher with a S$50 purchase while another gets you the Body Shop membership card with a S$50 purchase. The coupons are valid until 30 November.

Glow (S$19) is a new Japanese magazine targeted at ladies in their 40s. This is the inaugural issue with actresses Koizumi Kyoko and YOU on the cover.

Glow comes with a pretty Laura Ashley box bag in this season's new Gosford Cranberry print which contains 24 shades.

The material is satin polyester with a slight shine and PVC. It has an interior flap pocket and a button at the top.

I bought this as a present for my mother who loves these English floral prints.


The bag feels quite well made as the material has a decent thickness. However, like most magazine bags, the inner seams are exposed.

Measuring 23x24.5x15cm, the bag is very roomy thanks to the broad base.


The next issue of Glow, to be released on 27 November in Japan, will come with a Helena Rubenstein cosmetics pouch.

9 comments:

Lynn said...

Thanks for the heads up on GWPs. I love your selection of TV shows! Got them in US/ UK? They're way more affordable there!

Haru said...

hi Lynn,
I ordered them from Amazon US and got them shipped to Singapore :-)

Elaine said...

Hi Haru,
I wanted to ask you this since the first post you did on receiving the DVDs from amazon. Did you order it from the region 1 category? Can it still be played in DVD players here in sg? or maybe our laptops?

Thanks so much,I want to order Glee and gossip girl DVDs too!

Esther said...

Hi Iris,
when you were at Kino, did u see the HbG AW2010 mooks on sale? Thanks!

Lynn said...

Haha! That's exactly what my family does too! Amazon has MAD discounts. You can check with Borders (USA) too; i get mailers from them with 40% off coupons. I signed up for the membership while in the states, but i think you can sign up online?

Haru said...

Hi Elaine,
Yes, my DVDs from Amazon.com are all Region 1. The DVD players sold in Singapore are usually code-free which means that they can play DVDs from all regions. As for laptops, it depends on the individual laptop. I don't watch DVDs on my laptop so it's not a problem for me. Actually you can find the Glee Season 1 DVD in Singapore for about the same price as ordering it from Amazon. I've seen it at the CD/DVD store in Level B2 of Takashimaya, near Singtel. It's easier to just buy it here as you don't save much buying it from Amazon which currently sells it for US$39.99. I think you can find the set here at less than S$60. The Gossip Girl DVDs are also available in Singapore.

Haru said...

hi Esther,
Yes, both the HbG mooks are out at Kinokuniya (Ngee Ann City) and cost S$28.70 each. There was plenty of stock of both when I was there today.

Elaine said...

Hi Haru,
Thanks for the info! I've been wanting to buy DVDs from amazon for awhile now. I was worried about Kurt and Eric's storyline for glee and gossip girl. Though, there hasn't been anything to cut so I think I'll get the DVDs from Taka. Thanks again!
-Elaine

Esther said...

hi Iris,
thnks for yr info! I bought the I Love Cameron version today and there were still alot of stock for both versions! :) also got the Dec issue Spring mag as there was the free MHL bag. I always rely on reading yr blog for the latest news on Jap mags arriving at Kino :) thnks again!