Sunday 6 December 2009

Operation Use It Up!

It takes me just about forever to use up skincare so in a bid to reduce the number of items clogging up my bathroom, I recently started using more sample sizes since these can usually be used up in a week or two. These are what I have used up recently :-)

Keratase Bain Divalent: This is described as a "balancing shampoo for oily roots and sensitised lengths". This was the first Keratase shampoo I tried and while it was much better than the Lush Ultimate Shine solid shampoo (which dried out my hair and left it in tangles), I did not find it to be particularly outstanding or better than drugstore brands like Pantene. The Keratase shampoo rinsed off easily but I still needed to use conditioner after it.

Givenchy Clean It True Regulating Cleansing Gel: This is a great daily basic cleanser that rinses off easily without leaving any film or a squeaky dry feeling.

Obagi Platinized Lotion: I got this as a freebie with a Japanese beauty magazine. It is described as "exceptional age skin care by antioxident" but I did not find it to have any special effect on my skin. Used as a toner, it left my skin feeling refreshed without any stickiness but my skin still turned oily awhile later.

Guerlain Super Aqua Lotion: This performed quite well on my acne-prone, oily skin as it left my skin feeling clean and refreshed but like the Obagi lotion, it did not help prevent my skin from getting oily again later.

Dior Hydra Life Youth Essential Hydrating Essence-in-lotion: This is supposed to have a lighter texture than Dior's other anti-aging lines but I still found it too heavy for my skin and my skin got oilier much quicker with this than with the Guerlain Super Aqua Lotion.

Dior Cleansing Water for Face & Eyes: This does a good job of removing eye makeup. Just soak a cotton pad with it, press the pad against your eyes and the makeup comes off easily on the cotton pad. It doesn't work as well as removing waterproof mascara but I always use a separate cleansing oil after using an eye makeup remover so this is not a problem for me.

1 comment:

Yumeko said...

this is a great idea!!!